Sunday, December 6, 2015

 


It's A Process

Nothing really big happened this week, so I would like to tell you about our super golden investigator, Chen Jie Mei. She's the girl that my companion called a couple weeks ago and we met with last week. Well, on Monday she came with us to a Family Home Evening at a member's home and she ended up staying there until 10 at night! Then the next day she texted us and said, "Can I bring my boyfriend with me to meet with you?" Yes! So we set a baptismal date with him as well! She came to church yesterday as well! It is so cool! She's really so awesome and I'm excited to see her progress(:



Other than that we just had a ton of meetings this week. I had my last zone meeting and had the chance to bear my testimony. We also had a meeting with all the sisters on the island and they asked all of us departing missionaries to share a piece of advice with everyone. Man, that was weird haha! I remember always looking up to all the sisters that were older than me and thinking that they had so much experience. Well, now I'm in their place and most of the time I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing haha! President told me, "This isn't an event; it's a process." I love that God doesn't expect us to learn everything all at once. He hopes that we can gain experience and enjoy the journey along the way. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but that's why it's a learning process, not an event. My mission is a process, not an event. Even though I may not be able to be a full time missionary for my entire life I can still enjoy the process of become more like Christ everyday. 
I don't know if my emails even make sense anymore haha! I hope you all know how much I love you and how much I love my Savior. Life is too good not to enjoy it. Have a great week(: 
我愛你
簡姐妹
I'm always laughing with her!!!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such a cute companionship! Really looking forward to Court & Addy returning home & being roomies again at BYU! : )

    ReplyDelete