Monday, November 23, 2015


Well, I Want to be Baptized

Jia Dixiong and his son got baptized! Oh my goodness, it was such a spiritual baptism! Watching them both walk into the font and be baptized was such a touching moment. I couldn't help but think about how this gospel has affected my family. We are sealed as a family for all time and eternity. We sang the song, "Families Can Be Together Forever" and I was just crying. I am so grateful for this gospel! I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven that wants us to be with our families for forever! And I am so grateful for my own family. Man, there is just so much to be grateful for! 


This week we saw a ton of cool miracles. Right before our baptism on Saturday we really wanted to find new investigators. So we were determined to ask everyone we saw to come to the baptism. We were eating dinner when I saw this man right next to me. I felt prompted to invite him to come (it was about 2 hours before the baptism at this point). He said he would think about it, and then we left. But he showed up! Oh my gosh it was so surprising and so cool! We met with him again last night and he expressed a lot of interest in learning more about this church! And it turns out that his daughter, who was also at the restaurant with him, told him that several years ago some missionaries had knocked on their door and given her a Book of Mormon! God is so amazing. 
Last night we were out knocking doors and just not having any success. We really wanted to find more baptismal date investigators. We started biking to our next appointment when I saw this woman on the side of the road just playing on her phone. I had the strongest feeling that I NEEDED to talk to her. So without thinking I pulled over and walked over to her and started talking to her. We invited her to our English class and she said, "Does that mean you have to get baptized?" I said no, and she said, "Well, I want to be baptized." What?! So we set a baptismal date with her and her boyfriend for the 25th of December! Oh my gosh, God truly sees the desires of our hearts and helps us to reach goals! This work is amazing!
Sometimes I ask myself how I can be so happy when I'm so tired haha! I know it's because of my knowledge of God's plan for us. I know it's because everyday I have the opportunity to serve God and His children. I know that this gospel brings happiness! I cannot tell you the joy I have experienced on my mission. I know that when we keep the commandments we can experience true joy. Nothing in this world compares to the happiness that God can give to us. I know that without a doubt. This church is true. God lives. I love you all and have a fabulous Thanksgiving!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹


No comments:

Post a Comment