Monday, November 16, 2015



 
 Not Quite American

Qui Jie Mei got confirmed a member of the church this week!(: I'm so happy! And then right after that I had to split work so she became my temporary companion haha! That moment when your past investigator becomes your companion. Such a cool experience. Also Jia Dixiong and his son both passed their interviews! They are getting baptized this coming Saturday! Ah! I'm so happy! God has been blessing us immensely! I have the best investigators in the world! 
I want to tell you about this new investigator that we have, Chen Jie Mei. We met her a couple weeks ago knocking doors. She got sick as a child and it messed up her hearing and her speech, so when I first met her I literally ting bu dong-ed everything she was saying. It was really hard for me. But let me tell you, the gift of tongues is real! When you learn to love the people the language comes to you! As we have met with her I have prayed so hard for the gift of tongues and it has come! She is the sweetest woman ever and so funny! She just makes me laugh! I got to lead her around church this last Sunday and I absolutely love her. Even though I still can't understand everything she is saying I know that she is building a testimony of Christ. She has a baptismal date for the 24th of December!(: She's absolutely amazing. I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to meet so many of his amazing children!

There was a Thanksgiving activity for the Stake this last Saturday. The most American thing they had there was Pumpkin Pie from Costco ;) Haha! So good. We had an investigator show up as well. His name is Jack. He's from our English class and he is so sweet! He also came to church! We haven't had a chance to meet with him yet, but he is just so awesome! At this same party this random man came up to me and asked what was going on. I told him it was a Thanksgiving activity and invited him inside. He was really interested in the chapel, and then he sat down with my companion and started giving her all of these medicines to try and help her hair grow back haha! People are so nice here ;) 
I love this ward. I love the Taiwanese. I absolutely adore my companion. I have the greatest investigators ever. God lives. He loves us. I know this to be true. I love you!
我愛你!
簡姐妹


Dragon fruit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment