Friday, October 23, 2015








Third Time's the Charm

Hello!(: This was a wonderful week and a half! I got to go to the temple today and I feel so prepared to take on the world! I love it!(: This last week we had a baptism! Jim got baptized! And it was probably one of the most entertaining baptisms I've ever been to. So Sister Luo and I got to the chapel about an hour early to start the water. About half an hour later we checked on it and it seemed to be filling up SO SLOWLY. About fifteen minutes later a member came and told us, "You didn't put the plug in." Oops. So we were trying to figure out how we were going to fill up the font in time.

 I suggested using a hose (as a joke) and the members started looking at the fire hose that was located near the font haha! They finally came to the conclusion that there wouldn't be any water in the hose. So the elders grabbed buckets and found a hose outside and started filling it up. So our poor 11 year old investigator got into the water (that was freezing cold) and it barely came up to his knees. He went under the first time, and his feet came out. He went under a second time, and his head stayed out of the water. Finally the third time the member baptizing him basically stood on his feet to try and keep him under water haha! Oh man, it was too good. But hey, he got baptized. And he's really changed a lot! It's so cool to see the change that comes about from baptism(:

We went on four exchanges this week. I love the sisters in my zones! One day I went with Sister Cardon into her area in Toufen. We both felt like we needed to knock this one door, so we did. This woman was super excited that we showed up and started asking us why we were there and stuff. I asked her if this was her house, and she said, "No, this is a Buddhist chapel!" Oops. Us missionaries aren't allowed to proselyte around other religious sites (makes sense.) So the woman asked us why we were there and I said, "Oh, we just wanted to look around." So she gave us this tour of this Buddhist chapel haha! That was an adventure. But hey, what a great cultural experience ;) And then I ate duck for dinner that night. 
I went on another exchange with Sister Juarez in our area. We ran into this man that looked really familiar. He said that a couple months ago he had met sister missionaries. I asked him, "Did you give them peanuts?" He looked really surprised and said, "How did you know?!" Haha! So this time he gave us more peanuts and a bag of sugar. Then as we were out finding we knocked on the door of this one old man. He opened the door and asked us, "Are you missionaries?" We said yes. Then in Chinese he said, "Rejected" as he slowly shut the door on us. Haha! Then this woman invited us into her house and gave us food. We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she tried giving us money. We didn't accept it, so instead she said, "Ok I can hug you!" She hugged me and then grabbed my face and said, "Do you know what else we do?" And I was so certain I was about to get kissed by a woman. Luckily she just kissed me on the cheek haha! That missionary life though. 
Man, missionary life is just too much fun. I thank God every day for the opportunity to be here serving Him. I love it. I am so grateful for my relationship with God and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have realized lately what my baptism means to me. I am so grateful that everyday I have a chance to start over and change. I am so grateful for repentance. God knows we are imperfect, but He allows us to use the Atonement so we can have a clean slate and start all over. How beautiful is that?! I love my life(: I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
我愛你!
簡姐妹


No comments:

Post a Comment