Sunday, October 18, 2015


A Bald Girl and a White Person

This week was so busy but absolutely amazing! I cannot tell you how much I love my companion. She is so hilarious! Sometimes when we contact people she will say, "I'm sure you think it's strange that a bald girl and a white person are talking to you right now." Haha! She has the greatest attitude about everything!
This week we met with our LA's kid to help him get baptized, Jim. He is so cute! His interview is tonight and his baptism is this Thursday! Please pray for him! Last Monday when we met with him he told my companion, "You don't need hair to be beautiful. You are beautiful because of who you are on the inside!" This ten year old has got it right! How cute! 
We met with Qiu Jie Mei this week as well. We haven't been meeting with her for a while because we wanted to give her time to really think about how message and what it means to her. Well this week we set a baptismal date for her. And she picked it herself: MY BIRTHDAY! I was so excited, and she was too!(: Little tender mercies from God.

On Wednesday we were biking to our English meeting right before English class and I saw a mom and his son walking on the side of the road. I felt prompted to talk to them. Turns out this kid just happened to have the day off from night school and was looking for an English class! He is also looking for a religion! I love how the Holy Ghost works!
We met with another LA and her little sister and brother this week. We have been trying to help the little sister, Lisa, get baptized. We were talking to her about baptism and suddenly her 9 year old brother piped in and said, "If it was me I would get baptized." Sister Luo and I looked at each other and then invited him to baptism. He accepted without a doubt! How cool! He is so sweet! Pray for him as well!
General Conference was absolutely amazing. I am so grateful for a living prophet today. I'm so grateful we can receive guidance and counsel. I love the idea of "ponderizing" a scripture. The idea is to pick a scripture every week and put it where you will see it often. Then throughout the week really think about the meaning of the scripture and how to apply it to your life. Throughout this process you will memorize it and it will have more meaning to you. I would like to invite you all to try that this week. Find a scripture and ponderize it. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
我愛你!
簡姐妹




No comments:

Post a Comment