Sunday, September 13, 2015



 
All in His Timing

This week was so fast and filled with so many amazing things! On Monday night we met with Ling and we just can't figure out what is going on with her. Something felt different this last time. Please pray for her. I was able to go on exchanges this week in Zhu Nan with Sister Xiao. She is so adorable! It was so much fun and we saw so many miracles! Within the hour and a half of finding that we did we had 3 lessons and found 2 new investigators, one of which has a baptismal date! God is blessing us! Then the next morning we did some more finding. We knocked on this one screen door, and the lady was talking to us but wouldn't open the door. We asked if we could sing for her, and she said of course. As we were singing she slowly started opening the door. It was so cool! Music is so powerful! I love it!

 
As missionaries we are prompted to do some crazy things. For example, I was riding my bike when I saw this man standing outside a hair salon smoking and talking to another man. I passed by him when I got a prompting that I needed to give him a tract. I kept biking and found a parking spot. By the time I got to where the man was he had already gone inside. So I entered the salon and a bunch of ladies came up to me, probably expecting me to ask for a hair cut. Instead I told them, "Sorry, I need to talk to that man over there." The man looked at me super confused, so I told him, "Hi, this might be strange, but I had this feeling I had to give this to you. I know you're at work, but do you think we could get your number and meet with you another day?" Surprisingly, that worked. Haha! I really believe God has a sense of humor.

 
Saturday was a crazy day. We had the opportunity to go to the temple with Sister Fisher's recent converts to do baptisms! So we got on the bus and headed into Taibei. We saw that we were going to be late, so we called the RC and said that we would be late. They said that they would enter the temple and wait for us inside. We got there around 1:30 and got inside, but she wasn't there! We called and she said that the people inside had told her that it didn't start until 2, so she and her husband went to go get lunch. So Sister Fisher and I left real quick to go buy something and we came back a little before 2. At about 2:20 we started calling them but they weren't answering. So we finally left around 2:30, and luckily another one of our investigators, Casey, showed up to Taibei with her mom so we were able to do a temple tour with her. At a little past 3 the RC called us and said that they had already gone in and done the baptisms. Haha! Well, at least they made it there. 
Sunday was full of miracles! Right before church Arlyn called and said that she wouldn't be able to make it to church (normally she only calls if she can come to church so that we can find her a ride). So church started and none of our investigators were there. We started singing the opening hymn and we got a call from Casey saying that she was outside! So we brought her in, and suddenly Arlyn walked in! I sat by her so I could help her translate and she said, "I called and told you that I could come, but I just told my boss that you didn't understand me so he took me here!" Miracles! And then I looked ahead of me and saw that Su Jie Mei was all there! It was so cool! 
I love being a missionary. I love my mission! I love the chance to study the scriptures. I have been reading in the Old Testament lately and I love this verse in Isaiah 48:10, "Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." The way that you refine silver is by burning it until all the impurities come out. The person knows it is pure silver when he can see his reflection in it. God is refining me until He can see His reflection. I love that. I love that He is helping me become the very best I can be. I'm so grateful for every experience I've had out here. I know my Savior lives! I know that it is because of the Atonement that I am able to get through my day. I have felt the healing and enabling power of the Atonement in my life. I hope that you can too. I love you all and have a wonderful week!
我愛你!
簡姐妹

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment