Sunday, September 20, 2015



 
A Disciple of Jesus Christ

This was such a fun week!(: So many adventures! Last P-day I went to the beach with the ZhuNan zone. I absolutely love hanging out with missionaries! They are so much fun(: This week I had the chance to go on another exchange with Sister Fan! I'm so happy for that opportunity because she has started packing up to go home this coming Saturday! Time is so fast! While we were together our lesson stood us up, so Sister Fan looked at me and said, "Perfect! I can cook you a 'Thousand-Year-Old egg!'" Yes, that sounds lovely. Haha! Basically it's an aged egg that is all black! She mixed it in with a bunch of other stuff, but I can cross that off my list of things to eat haha! 

 
This week we met with Xu Jie Mei, the referral from the other ward, and she is so amazing! She talked about how she loves the church's outlook on families. She also told us that she believes meeting us was God's set up! One day she had received two text messages, one from her LDS friend and one from her Buddhist friend, saying to come to their chapels. Well, she was planning on looking into the Buddhist one but looked at the wrong text so ended up coming to ours! She believes that it was God leading her! She is so awesome! She set a date for the 24th of October! Please pray for her!



 
Friday was such a fun day! We had an outdoor zone conference, so the XinZhu and ZhuNan zone all got together with President Jergensen and hiked a mountain! That morning I had woken up and was debating on whether I should wear capris or longer pants. At the moment that I said, "If I don't wear pants I will probably get bitten by bugs," I felt something crawl across my foot. I looked down and saw this GIANT cockroach. So my dear companion chased the thing around our room while I screamed. I recognized that as a sign from God that I needed to wear pants ;) haha! Then we had to get to the ZhuNan train station on time. We got to the XinZhu station to get on the train. We had about 5 minutes when my companion swiped her card and entered the platform. I tried, but I had -15 kuai on my card, so I had to add money! I waited in line and when I got to the front I was told I had to go to another line to swipe my card. By this time I had about a minute until the train left. Finally, I raced onto the platform and us five sisters raced to the train as the horn started going off that it was leaving. The four sisters got on the train and looked back and watched me as I sprinted and hopped on just in time to catch the train. That was a nice warm up for the day ;) 
 
The hike was super fun! There were GIANT banana spiders everywhere! Gross. But we got some awesome trainings on being brave and sharing this gospel. President really emphasized the scriptures 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I have been commissioned to preach this gospel to the people of Taiwan! I love that! What an awesome calling! I love representing Christ and helping people come unto Him! What an experience. I am so happy with who I am and what I'm doing. Life is too good(: 
I love you all so much!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹


 

No comments:

Post a Comment