Monday, August 10, 2015

 
"Master the [Typhoon] Is Raging"

A typhoon hit Taiwan this week! And as exciting as that sounds, I'm in the safest part of Taiwan, completely protected by mountains, so it wasn't that exciting haha! On Wednesday people started talking about it, Thursday night it randomly poured, and then Friday night was the fun night! We were out tracting when it randomly POURED! I was soaked! Then the winds started picking up. That night Sister Fisher was biking ahead of me and we kept swerving because of the wind. I watched as she came to a complete stop haha! I pushed on with all my might against the wind and passed her, but all of a sudden it switched directions and it was pushing us down the street SO fast! I just kept laughing! That night the winds raged and it was hard to sleep, but the next day we were all ordered to stay inside. Everywhere on the island BUT XinZhu it was a raging storm. We sat inside all day while nothing happened outside haha! God is really protecting me(: 


 
Other than that, last Monday I decided to cut my hair. BAD IDEA. I allowed a Taiwanese man to get near curly hair with scissors. He literally pulled my hair out of its pony tail and was about to start cutting when I stopped him so I could part my hair. He then went to the back of my head, chopped off a chunk, held it up to me and said, "Is this good?" Well... I guess so haha! It looks like I did it myself (I should have done it myself). Well, when in Rome ;)

 
Wednesday night we had the most amazing English class ever! Only 5 people showed up, and 4 were new. The fifth was our golden investigator, Cindy. We taught about food and played a fun game where we all stuck a picture of food on our head and had to ask yes/no questions to figure out what we were. Then for our spiritual share we talked about the Word of Wisdom. When we got to the part that says we don't drink tea and coffee, everyone was just nodding their head in agreement! Wow! Greatest students ever! Then I asked one of the new students if he had ever prayed before and he said no. Cindy pulled out a pamphlet and started teaching him how to pray! After the prayer she bore her testimony about how prayer really does work! She's not even a member and she's an amazing missionary! Then she invited the two boys to come to church that Sunday! SHE'S AMAZING!
We met with a new investigator this week, Su Mama. She's the mom of Sister Fisher's recent convert's husband. She's so cute! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! We also set a baptismal date for her for the 12th of next month! 
This Sunday we were sitting in church waiting for it to start and none of our investigators were there. All of a sudden about 2 minutes before the meeting started our investigator Qiu Jie Mei walked in and sat by me (her phone broke so we haven't gotten in contact with her since last Sunday). Then I looked at the pew right in front of me and Su Mama was sitting there with her son and daughter in law! Then I saw another girl and realized it was Cindy! Oh my goodness it was the coolest moment ever! God is so amazing! He has seriously blessed me so much this transfer!

 
During Relief Society Su Mama told everyone that she really wanted to come to church every week and keep looking into it because everything here was so good! And we met with Cindy after church and she really wants to get baptized! She believes the Plan of Salvation is true. She's just worried her parents will fandui! Please pray for her! She has a date for the 29th of this month!
The transfer ends this Friday, and even though it was 7 weeks long it was the fastest transfer of my mission! I really saw God's hand in everything and know that He is guiding me! I love my companion so much. It's still so unreal to me that we are serving together. 
I have been pondering lately how much of this work truly is us. If God really wanted to He could do this work all on His own. So why does He allow us to do this work? He wants us to learn and to grow. He allows us to make these relationships with these people and to feel the joy that comes from spreading the gospel. All He expects of us is that we obey His commandments so that He can bless us. Obedience brings blessings! I know it! Sister Fisher and I have worked so hard this transfer to be obedient and we have seen the blessings that come from it! I know that commandments are given to us from a loving Heavenly Father. "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world" (2 Nephi 26:24). I know this to be true. I also know that this church is true. I know that God is living and that He loves us. I love you all!
我愛你!
簡姐妹
 

No comments:

Post a Comment