Friday, July 3, 2015

 
 
Move Calls!

 
 
 
Guess who's not in Hualian anymore? That's right, I've moved back to the Taibei area! I got the move call on Wednesday night that I would be leaving Friday morning. Then Thursday afternoon at about 1 I got a call saying that I would be leaving at 6 o'clock that night! No chance to say any good-byes, I was just out of there! I am so grateful for my time in Hualian. Sister Meyers is all grown up and taking over the area! 
But guess who my new companion is: SISTER FISHER! Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it when I saw both of our pictures next to each other on the screen. We are so excited to be working together! We are the Sister Training leaders over two zones. I am now serving in 新竹 Xin Zhu. It's this little city that's about a 2 hour bus ride west of Taibei. I already love it here. It is so beautiful and so great.

I feel like so much as happened this week and yet I have no idea what to talk about, haha! Well, this week in 花蓮 Hualian we saw a lot of cool miracles. We knocked this one house and this woman invited us in. She said that a while back to met with missionaries and then she moved here. She said that recently she had been flipping through the Book of Mormon, and then we randomly showed up on her door! She set up to meet with us again. Another man we found last week and he had the old translation of the Book of Mormon. We gave him a new one and we told him we could come back and talk a little bit more about it. We went this week and he told us that last week he had been feeling really sad and upset, but then we knocked on the door. He said that when we prayed for him it made him feel so much better! He had so many awesome questions! It was really exciting to see God guiding us to these prepared people. 
So on Mormon.org there are these two girls that are from Hong Kong and they talk about their conversion story. When Sister Knight and I were traveling to Taibei we were struggling with all of our luggage and these random girls came up to us to help us. I recognized them as the girls from Mormon.org, so I got a picture with them haha! Mormon celebs... No big deal ;)
 
This last transfer meeting was so crazy. So many awesome missionaries went home, my mission mom, Sister Murri, included. It was also President and Sister Day's last testimony. They leave tomorrow! That is so crazy. Life is so strange out here on the mission. I love it.
Sister Murri shared a really awesome scripture at the transfer meeting. In Mosiah 18:30 it says, "And now it came to pass that all of this was done in Mormon, yea, by the waters of Mormon, in the forest that was near the waters of Mormon; yea, the place of Mormon, the waters of Mormon, the forest of Mormon, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever." I agree with Sister Murri and this scripture. Taiwan has become so beautiful to me because this is where I have truly met my Redeemer. I have come to understand His redeeming grace. I have felt His love for me. I have felt His Atonement everyday of my life. I am so grateful for this time to come closer to Him and to help others come unto Him. It really is my honor to be serving among the Taiwanese. I love this place. It is so beautiful. 
I know that God has a plan for every single one of us! I know that He is guiding us everyday. His plan is a plan of happiness. Trust in Him and He can help you find more happiness than you've ever experienced before. 
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹

 

No comments:

Post a Comment