Sunday, June 28, 2015

 
Zion!

Hello! What a fantastic week this was! First, there is now a stake in 花蓮 Hualian! This was the last District in the Taibei Taiwan Mission. How cool is that? The work is moving forward! The church is true!
This week we had a lot of practice for the Culture Night this last Saturday. Man, it was absolutely incredible! Down here on the East Coast there are a lot of Aborigines, so they each did a dance or performance according to their culture. The music was beautiful. The people of Taiwan are so beautiful. I just sat there during the performance and cried. How did I get so lucky to be serving my mission on the East Coast at this time in my life? All of us missionaries performed "Called to Serve" in Chinese. It was so amazing to stand there with all of these spiritual giants bearing our testimony of this powerful work through music. What an experience.
The back drop for the Culture Night

 
One cool experience during this whole thing happened Saturday afternoon. All of Taidong and Yuli came up for Stake Conference. This one girl came up to me and said, "Hey, I know you! Do you remember me?" Well... no. Haha! But after a while we figured out that when I had just gotten on the island I helped her do a temple tour up in Taibei! I remember that lesson was super spiritual and walking away from it feeling like she really needed to hear everything that my Sister Training leader and I had to share with her. She remembered me! It was really cool to see the impact that small lessons can have on people. 
Our recent convert, Chloe, is absolutely incredible! At stake conference she told me, "I think I want to go on a mission." My heart burst I was so happy to hear that! She told me, "You guys always look so happy and you get to meet a lot of new people. I want to be that happy." Oh my goodness! She is amazing. She has grown so much and I know it's because of this gospel! This gospel has the ability to change lives and to change people! What an honor it is to be apart of this work!
I have never been happier in my life. I'm happy despite circumstances. And I know that is because of this gospel. I know that this gospel is a gospel of happiness. I know that it can bless everyone's lives. I know that obedience brings true happiness.The church is true! All of you are in my prayers! I love you so very much!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹


It's beautiful here!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment