Saturday, June 20, 2015

 
Another Week on the East Coast

This was a FAST week! Why is it that time only speeds up? Training is coming to an end really soon, especially because this transfer is only 5 weeks long because President Day leaves at the end of this month. Sister Meyers had a funny moment with Chinese this week. We were sitting at the chapel waiting for an LA to show up. He was running late, so Sister Meyers called him. She hung up and told me that he would be there in about 5 minutes. Ten minutes later my companion looked at me and said, "I'm pretty sure he said 5 minutes... but he could have said next Friday I'm not really sure." Haha! He eventually showed up ;) She cracks me up!
We had Zone Conference this week with President and Sister Day. It was all about how we could become better teachers. They did this hilarious skit and Sister Day reminded me so much of Lucy from "I Love Lucy." It was fantastic. They are the greatest. 
I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Murri!(: She came down to Hualian so I showed her my side of the world. It was so good to be with her again! It was cool to see how much we both have changed and progressed. She made me eat raw fish. Mmm yummy ;)
 
One day this week we had to let the sisters borrow our bikes, so we were out walking. I have to say I really admire all you missionaries that walk everyday. You're so 辛苦. But we were able to see several miracles from it (one of them being that I appreciate my bike that much more haha!). We found an awesome investigator this week; Lai Jie Mei, and she has a baptismal date for the 17th of July! Please keep her in your prayers!
As for my funny adventure this week: we came home one night and Sister Knight opened a cabinet, screamed, and then slammed it shut again. My companion opened the cabinet and this GIANT cockroach came running out! Sister Knight and I stood on the couch holding each other and screaming while my companion and Sister Tan literally chased after this thing and finally killed it (after having to hit it SEVERAL times with a shoe... those things don't die). Haha! I have a lot of luck with these cockroaches ;)
I love my mission! I love Taiwan! I'm learning and growing and making so many relationships with so many people that I know will last forever. This coming Sunday we have Stake Conference! I am so excited! Our 4 person apartment is going to be housing 12 sisters this coming weekend. I can't wait ;)
I love you all. I pray for you! I know that God is our Father and He loves us! I really learned this week that God listens to our prayers, and if we listen He will actually give us answers to the questions we are looking for! I know this is God's work and He works with us imperfect people in order to bring about the salvation of His children. I hope you all have a fantastic week!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹 
Cute old couple <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment