Tuesday, April 7, 2015



 
 
Snickers Sisters

Time is so weird. This was an extremely fast week! I literally feel like I was just emailing you guys! I just have to say, emailing is so stressful! How do I tell you about a week in about an hour? Haha! I'll just jiayou ;)
This week was awesome because we had Zone Conference! President and Sister Day came down with the temple sisters and assistants to train my small zone of 12 people. It was so awesome! And it was the most spiritual zone conference I have ever been a part of. In the beginning my district sang the opening song (well, the four elders sang and Sister Howell and I played piano). After the opening prayer President Day stood up and said, "I really hope that you all will listen to what the Spirit has to teach you today. Actually, I just decided we are going to sing some more so we can invite the Spirit." He then invited the other district to sing their song, the elders to all sing "Ye Elders of Israel," and the sisters to sing "As Sisters in Zion." And then he invited me to get up and sing, "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus," a capella! I was seriously so honored that he invited me to sing a song in order to invite the Spirit. It is one of the most special moments that has happened on my mission. I am so grateful for this gift of music that God has given me!
The training was all about different languages; the language of the Spirit, the language of Love, the language of Taiwan, and the language of the Gospel. We need to work hard at all of these in order to be effective missionaries. ALSO, he told us that the paperwork for Hualien to become a stake has been sent to the first presidency. The final numbers were 1901 members, 132 tithe paying, worthy Melchizedek Priesthood holders attending church, and 5/6 units qualifying to be a ward. We made all the numbers!! We really hope that sometime in June these branches can become a stake!
It rained a lot this week. Like, POURED. Sister Howell and I just walked around in our rain ponchos spreading the gospel haha! One fun story for you; we just finished talking to this man and his daughter and they told us they had to leave. So we walked to another door to continue finding. Sister Howell said, "Man, I wish we had given them a Book of Mormon." I took that as a prompting and waddled (yes, waddled) after this car. They rolled down the window and I just handed them a Book of Mormon and said, "We are sharing this book and want to give it to you!" Well, they took it! Sister Howell and I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous I looked waddling around in this blue poncho in the pouring rain ;) Nothing will stop the work of the Lord from going forth!
We had the chance to go to Taidong this last weekend. The Relief Society had their big anniversary activity, so we took this giant bus and drove over 3 hours south. I can now say I have been at the top and bottom of my mission area. But the whole bus ride there and back everyone was singing karaoke. It was so cute! And most of them are pretty tone deaf, but I absolutely love these people! I love Hualien!
 
I also absolutely adore my companion. This has been the funnest transfer of my life and I know it's because of Sister Howell! I'm just so amazed at how well we get along. It makes missionary work that much more fun!(: We visit the Dong family for FHE and they gave us these hats that say "Snickers" across them. So we call ourselves the Snickers Sisters ;) Pretty catchy I'd say!
We taught the Zhang family yesterday. 3 kids are baptized (10, 11, and 13) and their mom isn't. But yesterday we set a baptismal date with her for the 9th of May! That's her birthday too, so that would be perfect! Her kids are so adorable and they have the strongest testimonies! I absolutely love them! Just pray that Zhang Jie Mei will feel the influence of the Holy Ghost in her life and have a desire to come unto Christ through baptism!
This week we have started passing out these cards inviting people to watch a video called, "Because He Lives" in preparation for Easter. It's about Christ's resurrection and it's absolutely beautiful. I invite you all to go and watch it and then share it on Facebook! I am so absolutely grateful that Christ came to earth and lived a perfect life so that He could Atone for us. Because of Him I can become a better person. I can change. I can be forgiven of my mistakes and return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I can be with my family forever. Words cannot describe how immensely grateful I am for His sacrifice for all of mankind. Because of His Atonement He can strengthen us in times of need. We can make it through the hard times and we are able to have good times as well. Because of Him all things are possible. And Because He Lives we all can overcome death. We will all resurrect again one day and be able to live with our Heavenly Father. 
I am also so excited that conference is coming up so soon! It's this weekend for all of you, so enjoy listening to a prophet's voice! For all of my friends that aren't members, I invite you to visit our church's website and listen to the messages that living prophets and apostles have to say. I know that we have a living prophet today who is guiding Christ's church!
I love you all so very much(: Have a wonderful Easter and remember our Savior, Jesus Christ, still lives today.
我愛你!
簡姐妹

P.S. Watch this video! HeLives.mormon.org
Also: lds.org (:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment