Sunday, April 26, 2015



 

 Always Remember Him

Hello!(: I just want to start by saying how grateful I am for the wonderful life I am living! I am in this amazing country serving these beautiful people and growing closer to my Savior everyday! How could it get any better?
My child, Sister Meyers, is absolutely incredible. I don't feel like I'm training at all. We taught the first lesson together for the first time this week and she nailed it! She's so great and so willing to work hard(: I'm a proud mother ;)

 
I've really learned that God knows we are imperfect, and yet He works with us anyways haha! I have gotten lost only a couple times, but things always seem to work out. God knows how to work with His imperfect children. I love it.
This week we met with Zhang Jie Mei. We walked in and she was so excited to talk to us about the Book of Mormon! She went off about how she had read four chapters in one day and that she felt so much more peace and happiness in her family. The Spirit was so strong! She then said she didn't feel like she could come to church because she has two young children. I flipped open the scriptures to try and help her resolve her concerns, but this woman suddenly walked in and the Spirit left. It was so weird. Zhang Jie Mei was super tense and wasn't being normal. We told her that she needed to come to church to get baptized. So we just kind of shared our scripture and left. 
We left feeling super sad. We pulled over to say a prayer and then continued biking. We suddenly heard this voice behind us yell, "Hey! Are you Americans?" and this white kid biked past us. We sped up and starting having a conversation with him. Everything I was saying came out so smoothly that I knew it had to be the Holy Ghost because I am NOT a smooth person haha! I suddenly found myself asking him to pull over so we could talk some more, and he did! His name is Camden and he's a foreign exchange student. We said a prayer with him and talked about the gospel for a little bit. He said he was super open to learning more! So now we have a white investigator(: haha! Sweet! It took me back to my days in Utah contacting white people with my trainers. It was really cool to see that both Sister Meyers and I have background in the states. I don't know. Life is kind of cool sometimes.
Sunday I had the opportunity to take a train with my zone down the Taidong to receive some training from a member of the Seventy, Elder Gong. Before it started President Day came up to me and said, "Sister Gong wants a musical number, and you've been volunteered! You have 45 minutes to find some other people to do a quartet with you." Haha! So I found some people and we sang "I Stand All Amazed." It was such an honor!
 
The first thing we did Sunday night was eat ice cream. Elder Gong told us that at every training President Day eats the dessert before the meeting, but he has some doctrine behind it. He says, "Preach My Gospel says you need to start with the end in mind!" Haha! So that was wonderful. Then we had a special devotional about the sacrament. It was absolutely incredible. He said that we all need our own witness of the sacrament so that we can help others to gain their own. Partaking of the sacrament is our chance to grow closer to Christ and actually understand who He is and what He did for us. Every week we have a chance to go and remember His sacrifice for us. His atonement is infinite and eternal. It stretches into the eternities. Because of of the Atonement there are no paths that we can't return from. He suffered and died for us. "He came to pay a debt He didn't ow because we have a debt we couldn't pay."
3 Nephi 11:15 says, "And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come."
I invite you all this Sunday as you partake of the sacrament to truly think about what the sacrament represents. I invite you to make it a spiritual experience. I invite you to always remember Him.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹





 

No comments:

Post a Comment