Thursday, April 9, 2015



 
MY BABY IS COMING!

That's right! I'm going to be a mom!(: I got a call last night from the BU and what do you know, it was Elder Colter Stewart. My companion and the other sister training leaders all told me to put it on speaker, and he asked me, "Sister Jenkins, will you help us train next transfer?" We all freaked out! I am so excited and looking forward to this new adventure in my life! On the other hand, I am so very sad that Sister Howell is leaving. She is my best friend! We have made so many plans for after the mission. I know that she is going to do great things wherever she goes!

 
This week was so much fun! (Actually, this transfer has been way too fun!) On Tuesday we had to bike 45 minutes up a gradual hill to get to a prison to visit a member who lives there (he works as a guard; how cool is that?!). And it has gotten HOT here in Taiwan! I am always sweating and every night I come home, look in the mirror and think, "Wow, I didn't know Hagrid preached the gospel!" Haha! But I love it. I also have a very awesome farmer's tan and croc tan ;) I feel like a missionary!
On Wednesday Sister Howell and I decided to heart attack some members. So we ran around taping hearts to people's doors while singing the mission impossible theme song haha! At one point we rang the door bell and sprinted to our bikes to try and get away. It was so fun! That night we had the coolest miracle happen. So last Sunday a lady showed up to church that we hadn't seen before. I asked her her name and which branch she was in. She said she was Lian Jie Mei and she was in the 2nd branch, our branch. She said she hadn't been to church in a long time. Sweet, a less active! So Wednesday night after English class we met with her to try to get to know her a little better. We asked her how she met the missionaries and she said on the street and she wouldn't often invite them over to eat fruit with her. We asked if her parents were ok with it all, and she said yeah. Then Sister Howell asked her when she got baptized, and she told us, "I haven't been baptized." We were both like, what?! Haha! So we finally realized she was an investigator and we set a baptismal date with her! Ah! It was so cool! God is so merciful. 
On Friday we saw even more miracles! To start off, a recent convert in our ward, Yang Jie Mei, asked us on Thursday if she cold come to missionary work with us all day on Friday! Sweet! So she was with us from 12 to 8:45. What a trooper! Because we had a member with us we were able to meet with more people! It was so cool. Also, I have been getting attacked by bugs. My legs literally look like I have leprosy. So she took me to a store to buy Taiwanese bug creme to stop them from itching haha! The Taiwanese have a solution to everything. I love it.
 
Saturday morning was quite the adventure. The night before Sister Tan had tried plugging in a fan and the plug exploded! So it blew out all the other plugs in the house. That morning we tried flipping a bunch of switches and the plug kept exploding, and then we also didn't have any working electricity. Haha! How many sister missionaries does it take to turn on a light bulb? ;)\
We met the most awesome person on Saturday. We walked outside and within five minutes we were talking to this security guard. He told us that he believed baptism was a new start and that God was a merciful God because He's willing to forgive us even though we make mistakes every day. And then we set a baptismal date with him on the street! Whoa! We invited him to church the next day, and he was super willing to go!... except he slept in haha! That's ok, next time! 
Zhang Jie Mei still has her baptismal date for the 9th of May. We asked her to pray about the Book of Mormon the other day, and she told us, "Oh, I haven't done that yet, but I will!" We also had her and her kids write down a question they had and listen to have it answered at conference.
So many other miracles  happened this week and I just don't have the time to write them all! I see miracles everyday. How lucky is my calling? This week I want to bear my testimony about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I have seen how it has changed my life and changed the life of those around me. This book is personal to each and every one of us. We can receive inspiration and find answers to those deep questions we have. It is a map for us to find happiness in this life and in the life to come. Through reading the Book of Mormon we can come closer to Christ and become more like Him. I know that those who read this book with the intent to know it's true can come to know the truthfulness of it for themselves. If we read it, ponder it's contents, and ask Heavenly Father to give us an answer we WILL receive an answer. I invite you all to test this promise for yourself. Read the Book of Mormon and sincerely ask God to tell you if it is true. Even if you've already done it before do it again! It's good to keep strengthening our testimony. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that it is true. 
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I love you so very much(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹


 

No comments:

Post a Comment