Tuesday, April 7, 2015

 



[Insert Medical Term Here]

Well this was a week! I don't even know how to tell you about it... But alright here I go! Monday was so wonderful. I went to the beach!(: Yes, my mission is too great. I love it here! It was absolutely beautiful! We also got the opportunity to contact a monk while we were there ;) Tuesday was a rough day for my companion and me. I'm not really sure what was going on, but we both felt off. The night ended in us eating ice cream haha! But oh dear me this is where my week really starts.
Tuesday night I woke up with this pain in my stomach. I kept running back in forth between the bathroom and finally threw up. Needless to say, I never want to eat curry again. I ended up staying in bed all the next day with a splitting headache. The elders came over and gave me a priesthood blessing, and that definitely helped! I was hoping this was only a 24 hour bug or food poisoning or something so we did nightly planning and I went to bed.
Thursday I still felt very achey and just sick, but we were told that we all needed to go to the church building to do our Weekly Planning Session (WPS). So I biked up to the building (that took all my energy haha!) and we did WPS. When we finished, President Day showed up along with a member of the Quorum of the Seventy! Just us 12 missionaries got special training from Elder Ron and Elder Wang! It was absolutely incredible! He asked us if we had anyone that we wanted them to visit to encourage them to come back to church, and then they kept encouraging us to get this stake built! At the end, Elder Wang bore a simple testimony: "There is a God in Israel." You should have felt the Spirit that came into the room. It was absolutely incredible. These men are truly special witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ. 
Friday morning I woke up and I still felt horrible! Sister Day called and told me I had to go to the hospital. Let me tell you; it doesn't matter what country I'm in, I HATE GOING TO THE DOCTOR'S. But in all honesty, it was a super cool experience and I know that the gift of tongues is real. How else could two white girls who've only lived on the island for about half a year communicate to a Taiwanese doctor all that I was feeling? Funny story: about a week ago I was studying the "medical" section of Phase 2 and I thought to myself, "Why am I studying this? I'm never going to use these words!" I suddenly got this very strong impression that these words would be very important to me one day, so I studied them very hard. Well, who knew that I was going to use almost every single one of them so very soon? God knew. He truly is taking care of all of us and His hands are in the very details of our lives!
All I could handle in my stomach were smoothies!!
 
 
Anyways, so I get to the hospital and they told me that my English name was too long to put in the system, so I gave them my Chinese name (I feel so cool ;)). They did the typical tests and then told me to wait for a while. The doctor called me in and talked to me for a while, and then told me that he was going to need to draw blood. Ugh. So my companion held my hand and kept me talking the whole time to keep my focus away from my arm. I didn't cry!... but I still got dizzy and told the nurse I was probably going to faint. She helped me lay down, and then we waited some more. The doctor finally told me I had a Gastro Intestinal Viral Infection (in English; there's no way I could have translated that haha!). Apparently this was just something that's been going around with a lot of the Taiwanese lately. He gave me some medicine and sent me on my merry way. 
I'm finally starting to feel better, but it's a very slow process. I have learned a lot about patience... and that I need to work on developing it haha! I know that every missionary's dream is to sleep for the rest of their lives, but I've tried it, and it's not fun! I have also learned a lot more about trials. You can bet that I was praying at every instant during my sickness. I was praying that God would take my trials away and everything would instantly be better. But He doesn't do that. He allows us to have experiences so we can learn and grow. He never abandoned me; I felt His presence every step of the way. But He did allow me to have this moment of sickness so that I can better appreciate the times that I am healthy. He helped me to learn that we are faced with a lot of different trials and circumstances, but our attitude through it all is very important. No, I can't choose what circumstances will come my way, but I can choose how to handle them. I can choose to be happy. God's ultimate goal for us is to find happiness. 
I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is guiding and leading us throughout our lives. I am grateful for my companion who took care of my all week (poor thing). I'm also grateful for this experience. I hope that I can come out stronger because of it. Also, how many of you can say that you threw up into a Taiwanese toilet and then went to a Buddhist hospital? ;)
I love you all! Thanks for your prayers(: I know they work! Jiayou!
我愛你!
簡姐妹



 

No comments:

Post a Comment