Friday, April 17, 2015


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
God's Plan

My child is here!(: I hit my nine month mark on Thursday and she came on Friday. Very timely I'd say ;) Her name is Sister Meyers and she is absolutely adorable! We get along really well and I don't even feel like I'm training.
She served for six weeks in Washington state before coming here. She studied Chinese for 3 years, so her Chinese is better than mine was when I came on the island! She's very willing to work hard and talk to everyone! I'm really excited to see the miracles that will come from being companions(:
 
It was hard saying by to Sister Howell, but she has moved on to be a Sister Training Leader in Taoyuan! I'm so proud of her(: We saw a couple miracles together before she left. Last Monday we were coming home and we got on the elevator with this lady. Sister Howell recognized her as our neighbor and started a conversation with her. We got to our floor, and I suddenly had this prompting to ask her if we could share our message with her. But instantly I got these thoughts like, "She doesn't have time, don't ask her. She doesn't need it." I instantly recognized this as Satan, so I asked to share our message. She said of course, and we gave her a Book of Mormon and she was super excited to come to conference this weekend! It was so crazy! Her name is Kang Jie Mei, and she's awesome! Saturday morning Sister Meyers and I met with her before conference started, and my companion invited her to baptism. She had tears in her eyes as my companion bore simple testimony about how baptism can help her find happiness. She accepted! It was such a cool moment! Sadly, she called me last night and said that her parents fandui, but she knows that this is the true church and she hopes that she can keep meeting with us. So pray that as she comes to know the truthfulness of our message she will have the faith to follow Christ's example and be baptized! 

 
Thursday morning I traveled up to Taibei to get some training on how to train. President told us he had received some interesting news that morning. As of lately if the missionaries didn't receive their visas they had to stay in the states a full transfer and then they could come out to Taiwan. But now the missionary department has said that as soon as the missionaries get their visas they will be coming to Taiwan! So tomorrow we are receiving 18 new missionaries! Our mission is so young. He basically told us that we need to help our trainees be able to train as soon as they finish training. No pressure ;)
That night all the trainers took a new missionary about "babysitting." It just means that we took them around Taibei and contacted people for 2 hours. It was so much fun and we saw so many miracles! God really does work through the weak and simple things of the earth. I love it.
Friday morning was the transfer meeting, and the new missionaries introduced themselves in Chinese and then President Day called out who their trainer was. When Sister Meyers introduced herself, President Day said, "You will be companions with... Sister Jensen!" I sat in my seat for about 3 seconds until I saw face on the screen and realized he had said my name wrong haha! But yeah, I love my trainee(: the first night I took her home and told her to make a phone call. She called, and when she didn't understand she looked at me all panicked and handed me the phone (much like my first phone call). But the second time she didn't give the phone to me at all! She just kept saying, "Ting bu dong, could you please say that again?" and then finished a whole conversation! What a champ!
We had the opportunity to watch General Conference this weekend, and it was absolutely incredible. I love that so many of the apostles and our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, talked about the importance of family and being sealed in the temple. I have an increased desire to go to the temple with my husband so I can be with my family for all time and eternity. I'm so grateful that through this gospel we can have the chance to be with our families forever. Death can never separate us. I'm so grateful I've been sealed to my family already and I plan on being sealed to my husband and kids one day. 
I'm so grateful for my time here in Taiwan! I am loving my mission so very much! I love how much I've learned and grown. I have come to know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. If we exercise enough faith in Him we can find happiness in this life. I love this quote by Jeffrey R. Holland: "Life ought to be enjoyed at every stage of our experience and should not be hurried and wrenched and truncated and torn to fit an unnatural schedule which you have predetermined but which may not be the Lord's personal plan for you at all... don't wait to live... we of all people out to savor every moment." Trust that God's plan for you is better than your plan. Have the courage to exercise a little faith. 
Life is good(: The church is true.
我愛你!
簡姐妹                                                      
 
 
                                        Me and a Lion



                                                            Nine Months

                                                          This is where I live:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment