Saturday, March 21, 2015


 
The Sky's on Fire!

This was another fast week for me! The stake is getting so close to being built here in Hualien! There was a meeting for Melchizedek Priesthood holders this last Saturday and there were over 100 that attended! That's so awesome! We are finding those less actives and baptisms have been happening! I have faith that the Lord's work down here will hasten and we will get this stake built!
So last Monday was a super fun P-day for Sister Howell and me. We went to a Daoist Miao (Temple)! It was so interesting to explore the culture of this country. We talked to a couple of people to figure out more. We even watched people do their interesting worship things. I don't know, I'm just so grateful for the beauty of LDS temples and for the beautiful ordinances that happen inside. Going to this Daoist Miao strengthened my conviction that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today.
 


Our District Leader called us one day and told us that he found a name on the ward list that he hadn't met, Zhang Jie Mei, and he felt that we should go visit her. It worked out perfectly because we were actually on our way to that area at that moment! So these three young girls, about 13 years and younger, got baptized last year and fell inactive because their mom isn't a member so they didn't have a way to get to church. We ended up talking to the mom on the doorstep for a little and asked if we could come back to meet her kids. Last night we went to visit them and they are all so cute! They all read the Book of Mormon, the mom included, and occasionally say prayers! We got to know them and sang a hymn with them, which they absolutely loved! So that was a really neat experience. They said we can keep coming back to visit them! Pray for this Zhang family that they can rekindle their testimonies!
We had the coolest miracle happen on Thursday. We went to our Branch President's house so that we could get my bike fixed (it actually isn't my bike; my bike still hasn't come in from Dan Shui). We were able to talk to him about some less actives that we wanted to help. We left his house and then pulled over to the side of the road to discuss what we wanted to do next. We suddenly heard this weird noise above us, so I looked up and saw that a balloon had landed on the telephone pole and had caught on fire! Little fire bits started falling down, so we quickly moved away haha! We decided to head to a street that we had planned to go to the night before. On the way there I saw this girl sitting outside. I made eye contact with her and instantly had this thought come into my head that I needed to turn around and talk to her. So we did! And it was the coolest experience ever! The father invited us in and sat us down and called his family into the room and we were able to pray with all of them and have a quick lesson! They said that they had talked to missionaries like us once before! They took a Book of Mormon and then set up to meet with us again! Ah! Miracles still happen! We just need to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and God will guide us to His prepared people!
As for Cai Dixiong, this whole week he didn't answer our calls or texts until Saturday night. We had been so worried! Sunday he came to church and told us that his parents fandui is baptism, so he can't get baptized. That was really hard for me because he is such a great kid! He is really busy right now because he has a big test coming up, but he can still come to church every Sunday! Please pray that his parent's hearts will be softened. 
So this transfer has been so much fun! I absolutely love my companion! She has helped me learn so much already and we get along ridiculously well! We laugh all the time! For example, we didn't have time to sit down and eat dinner at a restaurant, so we brought our sandwich and guava (which we're both obsessed with) and ate underneath this little shed in the pouring rain next to this dog. Haha! We just have fun ;) I
I found this quote this morning that I absolutely love: "Sometimes we take upon ourselves too much credit or too much blame when it comes to others accepting the gospel... God doesn't ask you to convert but rather to open your mouths" -President Uchtdorf. Our job as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints is to open our mouths and live so that we can invite the Holy Ghost into our lives so that others will be touched by the influence of the Spirit. If someone rejects you, that's ok. Our job isn't to convert people. It's simply to open our mouths and invite. Live so that others can see the Light of Christ through you. Let the Holy Ghost do the job of converting. 
I am so grateful for this gospel and the guidance it has given me in my life. I'm so grateful for prayer and the peace and comfort it provides. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be here in Taiwan spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to these beautiful people. I'm so happy here! 
I love you all! Thank you for all the love(: It means so much to me <3
我愛你!
簡姐妹

 

No comments:

Post a Comment