Saturday, March 14, 2015

 
ExcellANCE!

I don't even know how to put this week into words. It was absolutely incredible! I literally saw a miracle every single day. I don't even know what happened, but me and Sister Howell are still so giddy from it! I will just tell you some of my favorite parts(: On Tuesday night we were biking towards a night market to eat dinner when Sister Howell saw this little old lady pulling weeds in a field. She stopped, turned around, and said, "oh man, this is so weird." We ended up pulling weeds for a little bit with this lady, and she gave us a referral! So that was a fun experience haha!
 
We did some English Boarding (passed out English pamphlets to get people to come to English class) and this old man seemed really interested in it. Then he asked us, "What is the difference between your church and other churches?" We were able to bear testimony that our church is Christ's restored church and we have a living prophet today. He had so many questions and we had all the answers! He even took a Book of Mormon! He lives in Taibei, so we gave the Taibei missionaries his number. But he told us that we made him feel inspired and he really wants to read the Book of Mormon! There are prepared people out there!
That night we had English class, and our English Unit Leader, Elder McNeil, decided to start of the meeting by playing some hangman. You can tell his English has really gone down when he spelled the word, "ExcellANCE." Haha! So that is our motto for this next transfer; striving for excellANCE ;)
One day we decided we needed to find some less actives. We were at the church building and we decided to say a prayer to ask for some guidance as to where we needed to go. As soon as we finished Chen Jie Mei, our ward missionary, walked out of the building and asked us what we were doing. We told her we were looking for less actives, and asked if she wanted to join us. She said, "Sure! But I need to be back here in about 20 minutes." So that was a direct answer to our prayers that we needed to stay close to the church building! So we biked to this one LA's house, and as soon as we got there there was this girl that had just gotten home from school. We ended up having a lesson with her and giving her a Book of Mormon! I had this thought that I should invite her to baptism, and all of a sudden I had all these nervous feelings and thoughts like, "Oh, she won't accept. Don't ask her." I instantly knew that was Satan, and I instantly knew that she would accept. So I invited her to be baptized, and she accepted! It was so neat! We set a date on the street!  Later she told us that her parents don't approve of her meeting with us, but I know that some day that girl is going to get baptized. 
Let me tell you about this amazing investigator of ours: His name is Cai Dixiong and he is 17 years old. He ran into the elders on the street about a month ago and started meeting with them. The elders realized that he lives in our area, so they handed him over to us. On our first meeting with him we could tell that he had a desire to learn about this gospel and get baptized. He has a date for the end of this month, so please pray that he will continue to prepare to receive the ordinance of baptism! Our second meeting with him was absolutely incredible. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, and we asked him if he believed it was true. He said, "Yeah. I believe that God is a fair God, and this plan seems very fair." And then he said the closing prayer, and oh my goodness the Spirit was so strong! I remember looking at Sister Howell when he finished and we were both amazed at our strong the Spirit was in that room. This kid is so special and I feel so lucky that I get to work with him!
We attended a baptismal service that night, and Cai Dixiong came with us! Sister Howell and I sang and two of the members played piano and cello. It was really fun!(: I love baptismal services; the Spirit is always so strong there. I love watching people receive a new start. I think it's absolutely incredible that God has provided us a chance to be clean again. He knows that we aren't perfect. He also knows that after we get baptized we aren't perfect. So this is why every Sunday we go to church and take the sacrament. To remember Christ and His Atonement and to remember the covenant we made at baptism. God has a perfect plan for all of us! It is a plan of happiness! If we follow the example of Christ, get baptized, and continue to keep the commandments we can be so happy in this life and in the life to come! I testify that the only way to find true happiness in this life is by following Christ and keeping the commandments. I invite you to try it out for yourself. I promise that keeping commandments will bring you closer to God and help you find happiness in your life.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a Taiwan Taipei missionary! My mission has allowed me to come closer to God and to Jesus Christ. I am so happy out here! I love you all so very much(:
我愛你!
簡姐妹
 
 
                                                   Morning bike ride to the beach!!!
 
                                                      This City is Beautiful!!!
 
 
Our District Missionaries
                                                        
 

1 comment:

  1. Way to be a challenging missionary, Sister Jenkins! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete