Tuesday, February 24, 2015

 
過年!

Wow, what a week! I literally feel like all I did was go to a members house, eat way too much, and then travel to another member's house to eat more food. I probably gained ten pounds this week, so please don't judge my pictures ;) Last Monday was a wonderful P-day, we went to 金姐妹 Jin Jie Mei's house with the Beitou sisters and just hung out there for the day. I love my sister training leaders, Sister Williams and Sister Zhong! We literally all just talked and ate food and took pictures. It was so fun!


 
The first day of 過年 Guo Nian was on Wednesday, and we had to bike across the bridge to get to a member's home. On the way there my bike starting making these thunking noises. Well, I got a flat tire. Lovely. The best part is during Guo Nian all the stores are closed, so I couldn't just take it to a bike shop to get it fixed. Haha! Looks like this is going to be a lucky year for me ;) Thankfully the member we ate with at an extra bike that I rode around on all week. The seat was lower than the handlebars, and the gears were broken, but it's a bike! All week I pedaled faster than the speed of light and my companion would still pass me, laughing the whole time of course. Let's just say I have been SO TIRED haha!

 
So on Wednesday we ate lunch with a member, and then at 3 we ate again with another member, and then at 6 we ate dinner with another member. It's like Thanksgiving, but at EVERY MEAL. And when you're full you can't stop eating. Oh man I nearly died haha! And people are always setting off fireworks and firecrackers. It starts in the morning and keeps on going into the night. It's very fun(: I got to know the elders very well this week because we went everywhere together.

 
On Friday we had interviews with President Day. I feel like we just had our interviews! My mission is seriously flying by. It needs to slow down. The interviews were really good! He just motivates us to become better missionaries and strive to be exactly obedient! My President is the greatest; I'm so sad that I will be getting a new one in July.
So yeah, that's basically my week in a nutshell. Sorry this email is so short, but I literally just ate food all week. I don't think I need to bore you with details of all the pig's feet and jelly fish I tried ;)
I have to say that I am so grateful for my family. This week I had the opportunity to eat with many different families. Sometimes it was just one person feeding us, and sometimes it was half of the ward feeding us! But through it all, I felt their love for me. I felt their love for each other. And I felt God's love. God has given us families so that we can have a safe environment to learn and grow. He has given us families so that we don't have to go through this life alone. He has given us families so that we can more easily feel His love for us. I'm grateful that I have been sealed to my family for all time and eternity in God's temple. I know that death will not part us and I can continue to have these relationships with my family for eternity. I know thatGod loves us beyond our comprehension.
I absolutely love Taiwan! I never want to leave. I am so happy, and I know that is because I am sharing this gospel with others. This gospel has brought true happiness to my life, and I know it can do the same for everyone.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!(: I love you!
我愛你!
簡姐妹




 

No comments:

Post a Comment