Wednesday, February 18, 2015

 

 



 
 Learning Everyday

Hello!(: Another week gone by! This transfer has seriously been the fastest transfer of my mission. I don't even understand! Last Monday we went into Dan Shui and just did touristy stuff with Angel, Wu Jie Mei, and the sister missionaries from Taibei. It was seriously so much fun! I love Dan Shui. I don't ever want to leave here. My companion and I did some finding that night, and we decided to try a different tactic. We wanted to sing hymns for people! So we would introduce ourselves and ask if we could sing a hymn. We had a couple of fun experiences. We walked up to this one couple sitting down and they told us they weren't interested, but their friend inside the coffee shop would probably want to hear (in a very joking way). So we went to him and he gave his friends that "are you kidding me" kind of look, but allowed us to sing for him! And we were able to say a prayer with him. We found these group of ladies who were about to start working out and they said we could sing for them. They made us stand up on this wall, and they started clapping to the beat of our hymn haha! So that was fun ;) And the last lady was so adorable. We started talking to her, and she didn't have any interest, but I suddenly found myself saying, "Can we sing for you?" She said she loved to sing and started singing a song for us! Haha! We sang for her, had a lesson, and got her phone number! I believe in the power of music! I love it!


 
Tuesday night we did some more finding, and the first two people we talked to said my Chinese accent sounded like a Taiwanese person! Yes! And then the third person said that my companion had a weird accent and asked her if she was from Korea haha! Looks like we are influencing each other ;) On Wednesday I got to wear pants! How weird is that? We went to a service activity and I got to squeeze into my jeans (yes, it was a very sad moment for me haha!). It was so weird riding the MRT looking like everyone else!... besides the fact that I'm white of course. A bunch of us missionaries set up tables and chairs for an activity to feed the homeless. It was really fun!
Valentine's Day was actually super fun for me. 樊姐妹 (Sister Fan) was my valentine(: She even bought me dinner! (Because I'm a Facebook missionary she is teaching me how to type characters. It is SO hard let me tell you! Haha!) We also had a miracle happen. We had about 5 minutes until we needed to leave for a lesson, so we decided to ring all these doorbells. I ran all 16 of them and they didn't make a noise. So I thought, "Great... I guess we should just leave." But suddenly we heard this voice call out to us. We told him that we were missionaries and asked if we could share a message with him. He said, "Ok, I'll come down in a second!" Whoa! So we had a lesson with him, gave him a Book of Mormon, got his number, and set up to meet with him again! How cool is that? God is so merciful!
 
I have a true testimony that change is good. It is SO hard, but it is good. It allows us to grow. Sometimes we have trials that are no fault of our own. It's just a part of this life and what happens. Through these trials we can either choose to give up or choose to push through and come out stronger because of it. Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-8 says: " Peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity‍ and thine afflictions shall be but a small‍ moment; and then, if thou endure‍ it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." These experiences help us to grow. I know that if we rely on God we can get through whatever adversity and trial that is thrown our way. I know that He knows us better than anyone else. I know that through Him all things are possible.


 
This week is 過年 Guo Nian, or The Chinese New Year!... which means that everyone goes home and eats food with their families so there is no one on the streets haha! It also means that members invite you to their houses SEVERAL times a day to eat TONS of food. Yay ;) So we are going to exercise our faith, eat some food, and find those prepared people!
I love you all so very much, and 新年快樂 Happy New Year!(:
我愛你!
簡姐妺

 

No comments:

Post a Comment