Saturday, January 10, 2015


 
Hello 2015!

A new year! It is so crazy how quickly a year goes by. Last P-day was a really fun day for me! We went to the National Palace museum with the Dan Shui, Bali, and Shilin Elders. There was a bunch of old Taiwanese donxi (stuff) and we saw the famous Jade Cabbage! Sounds lame, I know, but hey, it's famous and I've seen it and none of you have ;)
Funny story: one of the members in my ward knows Carter Hatch! She served in DC as a temple sister. Her name Crystal, Sister Lin Yu Xian, and she we were talking about her mission and she brought up a picture of Carter and I was like "Hey! I know that kid!" Small world this is(:
On Tuesday a bunch of missionaries went home part way through a transfer because they need to make it back in time for school. But we still haven't received any new missionaries, so I am now in a trio! Oh my goodness I love trios! We are with Sister Zhong, and she is pretty much the Asian version of Cassie Breazeale haha! I love it! I am always laughing! She is the Sister Training Leader. Every night this week we switched off between which apartment we stayed at. So now we have investigators in Dan Shui, Zhu Wei, and Beitou. We are so busy.


 
Hey dad, remember when you asked me and Sister Murri if we spoke in Chinese to each other and Sister Murri said, "Probably not as much as we should!"? Well... now we do becaue Sister Zhong is a bendi (a native). So we use Chinese a lot! Her English is pretty good but it's just easier to speak in Chinese. So I had better improve quickly otherwise I will not be talking much!
One of the members in our ward wanted to treat us to a New Year's Day dinner, so she made us Mexican Food! Mmm! We have been craving that for some time now and it was SO GOOD!
One night we had to go to a members house to pick up a blanket (because for a couple days we carried this giant blanket back and forth between houses and I had to bike with it in my basket and I couldn't see where I was going and I had to bike with one hand and that was pretty annoying haha!). So it was almost 9:30, so we raced home as fast as we could to make curfew and be obedient. We made it just in time and Sister Murri was like, "Wow, that was a miracle! That was absolutely a miracle! I don't know how many more times I can say that!" But then we heard Sister Zhong go, "oh man..." and we look and realized she had left the blanket on her bike. Haha! So we just laughed all the way down the stairs and retrieved the blanket. Almost obedient ;)
As for investigators: Liu Tongxue has not been coming to church and we have not been able to meet with him. Please pray for him!
Li Tongxue's parents won't let him get baptized, but he passed an interview so he is so prepared!
And all of our other investigators are not improving. So it's pretty frustrating haha!
Let me tell you, GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. He truly does. But one thing that I've learned is that He will not always give you the answer that you want. He gives you what you need. I have received so many answers that I have not liked and have not followed those promptings, but God knows better than we do. When we pray sincerely and with real intent we will receieve an answer from God. And what does it mean to pray with real intent? It means that we pray knowing that we will act on the answer that we receive no matter how much we don't like it or it doesn't fit with our plans. We need to be willing to follow God's promptings so that He can help us reach our full potential and become the person we are meant to be. Trusting Him means taking a few steps into the dark, but He will always light the way for us.
I am so grateful for all the love and support I receive from home. Thank you for all the packages and letters I am still receiving this week! I love you all so very much. Jiayou!(:
我愛你!

簡姐妹


                                                                                 Our District

This is how I knock on doors

Model shot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment