Sunday, January 4, 2015

 
Christmas in Taiwan

Family! Oh my goodness it was so good to talk to you on Christmas! And Schaefer family it was a very please surprise to see you as well! I felt so much love and support this Christmas(: Thank you everyone <3 In all honestly, I have no idea what I should even tell you about this week. I feel like it went by so quickly! I will just tell you little experiences from my week I guess haha!

 
This week I finally hit my wall. When I first got to the island Sister Day told us that we would all hit the wall where we thought we couldn't learn the language and we would be so frustrated. I told myself, "No way, I'm going to be so patient with myself and everything will be fine!" Well, that didn't work. I was during language study and I just didn't feel like I was improving. I just broke down and cried. It was horrible. But thank goodness right after that we went out and started doing missionary work. When I am serving others I always forget myself. It's really quite a blessing. The Lord then gave me a little tender mercy. Sister Murri and I got onto the MRT but we couldn't sit right next to each other. I noticed the lady sitting next to me was looking at my Book of Mormon, so without even thinking I started talking to her. In my mind I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, Sister Murri can't help me this is horrible!" But I ended up giving her the Book of Mormon and getting her number! I even sang for her and I hummed "Jingle Bells" while she sang it in Chinese haha! The Lord truly is helping me do this work! Through Him all things are possible. He humbles me so that I remember that this is not my work; it's His. He helps me remember that it's through the small and weak that He makes miracles happen.
Christmas was so great! On Christmas Eve the missionary choir sang for half of the mission, so I got to see all of my friends from the MTC!(: And then Christmas Day I saw the other half of the mission! We went into Taibei and had some trainings and stuff. And we also had this delicious Christmas lunch. Mmm!(: President and Sister Day gave all of us a Christmas gift: there was a letter from the First Presidency, a journal that says "The Small Plates of Courtney Jenkins," and then a New Testament that has characters, pinyin, and English! I almost started crying when I saw that! This is the first time the Bible has been published like this to help missionaries! They have been working on it since the beginning of this year! It really is such a special gift!

 
There was a talent show, and I did "Do You Want a Book of Mormon?" to the tune of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" I also got pulled into a trio and sang "Angels We Have Heard On High." The Christmas choir was able to perform at the end. I think the mission is sick of hearing me sing all the time ;) During the instrumental  number I was looking around at everyone and I felt this overwhelming feeling of joy, peace, and love. I absolutely love where I am at in my life right now! I am so grateful I was able to be in Taiwan to celebrate the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ.

 
Family, skyping you was so much fun! Oh my goodness you all make me laugh!(: Sister Murri says you are all just like I described you(: As I was about to sign off skype, this realization came to me: I'm not ready to go home. There is still work for me to do here. The Lord needs me. I'm not finished yet. I had this feeling of peace come over me and I haven't been homesick. This is where I belong.
I love the people of Taiwan. I love this gospel. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has provided a plan for us so that we can learn and grow in this life and then return home to His presence. I am so grateful for the Atonement because I am an imperfect human being and I make mistakes every day. Through the Atonement my guilt can be swept away. I can feel clean and happy again. I can have a fresh start and I can change and become a better person. What a wonderful gift that is! I finished the Book of Mormon again, and I can honestly say that I love that book. It has seriously changed my life. I have found so many answers to questions in The Book of Mormon. I know a couple months ago I told you all to read the Book of Mormon, so if you still haven't gotten around to that you can start now ;) I promise you that if you read it and pray to know the truthfulness of its message you will receive an answer. I know without a doubt that this book is true.
I am so grateful for all of the experiences I have had so far on my mission. They have helped me to grow into the person that Heavenly Father knows I can be. I am grateful for all of the people I have met. I am grateful for all of you at home who have supported me in all of my endeavors! I feel your prayers. They help me get through my trials.
I love you all so very much!(: Christ lives! This church is true!
我愛你!

簡姐妹
CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

TREATING OURSELVES TO HOT POT

No comments:

Post a Comment