Monday, December 1, 2014



 

 
Our Hearts' Desires: Please! Please! Please!

Man, this week flew by! I am so busy with the Christmas choir performances coming up and trying to reach President's goal for the mission! He wants us to have a White Christmas, meaning that every companionship baptizes two people in the month of December! We have been working on this goal since the end of October and we are praying hard to find the prepared people! 
This week was full of joy for me. I have seen so many miracles in this beautiful city and I am so incredibly happy with where I am at in life. The scriptures describe it perfectly: "and they were filled with that joy which is unspeakable and full of glory" (Helaman 5:44). Ah!(: That's just so perfect.
This week I had the chance to go on exchanges with one of the temple sisters, Sister Perkins. She is so awesome! She goes home at the end of this month and she is such an incredible missionary. She was really good for me. She had a lot of the same struggles at the beginning of her mission that I am having right now. So she was able to help talk me through everything! The Lord knows who to send to help me grow(: It's so awesome. 
This week we met with this awesome man, Chen Dixiong. We met him on the streets and he told us that he had just got out of jail. We went and taught him a lesson and he is GOLDEN! He accepted everything so willingly! He accepted baptism and we set a date for the 27th of this month!... but then he told us that he won't be back in Dan Shui until the end of February! Agh! So we hope that he keeps having a desire to get baptized! 
Yang Jie Mei went back to her family's home this week, and they don't agree to her getting baptized, but they don't fandui! Yeah! So she had her interview last night and she passed! She's getting baptized this Saturday! I was seriously so happy! I did my awkward air punches again haha! 
Our investigator, Aaron, prayed out loud for the first time! That was so neat! But he still refuses to come to church... so pray that his heart will be softened so that he can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost in his life! We met with Wu Dixiong, and he is just this little teddy bear. He also is having struggles getting to church, but he's so prepared! I seriously love all my investigators so much.
We met with Hong Dixiong, our 75-year-old investigator, and he finished the Book of Mormon! It took him about 3 weeks! Wow! We asked him if he had prayed about it, and he said no. So Sister Murri asked, "So, now that you've completely read it, what is the next step?" and he said, "Read it again!" Haha! Well, yes, that is a good idea, but you should also pray about it ;)
 
We did temple tours on Friday and we had the most interesting tour ever! This Japanese man came in, but he could speak ok English. So the peike was this white man who served his mission in Tokyo. And then this Taiwanese lady decided to join, and her English was pretty good. So we did this tour in English, and had them read scriptures from the Chinese and Japanese Book of Mormon, and had the peike speak Japanese, and sometimes the other set of missionaries would translate in Chinese. Haha! It was a pretty cool experience(:
Wang Jiating (Tiger, Angel, and Peggy) are just so cute! We taught them the plan of salvation. Sister Murri asked them, "so what are some things that we should do in this life?" looking for Primary answers like read the scriptures, go to church, and pray. Peggy, the 7-year-old, said, "Take pictures!" and even threw up two peace signs haha! My kind of girl ;) The next day we were reviewing the ten commandments and we did the hand gesture for number nine and asked them what it was. Peggy said, "Don't eat food!" haha!... no. Thank goodness that's not a commandment ;)

 
My thanksgiving was really good(: that morning we ran to our park with the little old Taiwanese ladies, and we decided to join their dance routine! A little Taiwanese Zumba is good for the soul I'd say ;) I tried making my Thanksgiving lunch... but our fridge has this habit of freezing our food. (Every morning I have to pull out my rock hard orange just so it can defrost!) So one day we tried switching the nob, but it made our freezer go warm! So all my dumplings melted into a giant ball. I tried cooking that, and they just ended up being all shredded up haha! Missionary strugs.
I love my companion. She is so funny! I walked down this escalator and turned around expecting her to be right behind me, but she wasn't! So I looked back at the escalator and I saw her standing in this line with a bunch of old people just smiling at me haha! And when we were making goals this week we set them SUPER high because we have so many people that could get baptized! I told her, "Wow, I feel like our goals really reflect the desires of our hearts!" and she said, "yeah, our little hearts are saying 'Please! Please! Please!'" in a high pitched voice haha! Then she drew a picture of that on our window. She's so great!
So yeah, missionary work can be fun! It has it's ups and downs, but I can't imagine doing anything better than doing the work of the Lord! Hey! It's Christmas-time. I encourage you all to remember the true meaning of Christmas this year. There are 24 days to lead up to Christ's birth, and there are 24 chapters in Luke. I encourage you to read a chapter a day and remember that Christ is the real gift. Because of Him we are able to live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of this world. I know that He lives. I know that He suffered for us and understands us. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can face any trial that comes our way. 
I am so happy and I know that is because I know who I am, where I came from, and where I'm going. I know that God is my Heavenly Father. I know that He has a divine plan for each of us and He wants us to be happy in this life. 
http://www.mormon.org/eng Everyone go to this site and watch the video! It's so good! Also you can take quizzes to see how Mormon you are ;)
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season!(: I love you!
我愛你!

簡姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment