Sunday, December 7, 2014


Just Ask Stanley

This week flew by! I was so busy! Christmas performances have started for the choir and I am so tired! Missionary strugs ;) The weather turned cold this week. My outfits stopped matching because I just throw on whatever I can so that I can be warm haha! Sister Murri found a really good scripture for me: Alma 26:3 (I just love this chapter!). "Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of GOd! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work." Sister Murri said the blessing isn't that it didn't rain all winter, it's that we are able to be instruments in the hand of God in bringing others unto Christ. I love that!
We did a lot of "Christmas Contacting" this week. We would walk up to people and ask them if they knew what the true meaning of Christmas was. Then we would show them the "He is the Gift" video on their phone. It was really fun and really cool to see everyone's reactions to the video! I contacted someone all by myself! In Chinese! It was so neat to see how far my language has come! We did caroling this week! Ah I loved it! We held a sign with our Elders that advertised our free English class and we all sang Christmas songs! It was so much fun! And a lot of people stopped to listen(: During English we had a Christmas party and the Elders decided to do a little comparison between Santa and Christ. They told everyone to name stuff that they really wanted in life. A lot of people said happiness and health and stuff like that, and Elder Miller helped them all to see that Christ can give us all of that stuff, while Santa gives us material things. Someone said they wanted a million dollars, and Elder Miller asked, "Who can give us a million dollars? Christ, or Santa?" and someone said,"Santa!" Sister Murri then said, "I've never gotten a million dollars from Santa! You must have a different Santa than me!" haha! She's so great.
We contacted this one lady, and man she was so interesting! She kept saying, "I AM who I AM!" and then she kept telling us, "Just ask Stanley! He will tell you who I am. Just ask Stanley!" Sister Murri was like, "Who's Stanley?" and she was like, "Just google him!" Lady, do you know how many Stanleys there are in this world? Haha! Oh my goodness. People are so great.
So my big adventure of the week; we moved apartments. We switched areas with the elders because the chapel got built into their area and our president likes the sisters to be closer to the chapel. My third area and I'm not even done with training! I'm eternally a greenie...


So Friday morning we packed all of our stuff and shoved it into a members car. And let me tell you, my new apartment is the size of the living room of my last apartment! It's tiny! This is how Sister Murri describes it: "It's like living in a 10 square foot Ikea show room house but without the nifty Ikea furniture and with lots of cockroaches." Yes. Nasty cockroaches everywhere! As I was going to bed that night I saw one scuttling across the wall next to my head. That helped me sleep well ;) So yes, this new apartment is quite the adventure. Not to mention that Sister Murri's desk fell apart and the microwave doesn't work. We just laugh at our situation haha!




So as I was biking around I accidentally fell over (I fall off my bike a lot) and these two teenage boys laughed at me and then took a picture of me. Haha! So you could pretty much say I'm famous here ;)
Yang Jie Mei got baptized on Saturday! Ah! She's incredible! I am so happy and proud of her! She has sacrificed a lot to be able to do this. The people here are so amazing! Sister Murri and I bought a cheesecake to share with everyone. Mmm(: After, we were about to take the elevator up, but Sister Murri said, "We just ate cheesecake. We should take the stairs." See mom, I am exercising! ;) We had a choir performance that night! It went so well and it was so much fun! One of the bendi (native) missionaries told me that he thought I looked like some famous movie star, and then a member told me that I looked like Amy Winehouse! Interesting.


Sunday morning we had stake conference in Taibei. This lady behind me kept playing with my hair and telling me that it looked like Shakira's! Then she asked me if I was from Israel. That's a new one! Sister Murri got sick this weekend :( Please pray for her! So after church we went to the President, and he took us up to the mission home to let her rest for several hours! So while she slept I ate lunch with the President and his wife! It was so much fun! They are so great! I'm a really messy eater (as most of you know) so I was trying REALLY hard not to spill anything! But I looked and saw I spilled pudding on the table cloth. Dang it. Then about 2 minutes later President Day grabbed my wrist and said, "Let me save you from yourself," and proceeded to wife pudding off of my hand. Haha! What a way to make an impression on my president ;) Then I took a nap and just read the Book of Mormon for a couple of hours. It was so weird, but a nice day of rest!
We performed at the Fireside, and the only song we did was "Silent Night," the one where I have my solo! I was so nervous, but it was so fun! Man, I love singing! (: We traveled home with Angel and Yang Jie Mei. Yang Jie Mei gave me a Chinese name!(: Jian Xin Ting. I love it! I love the people here! I love this season!
I am so honored to be serving the Savior this Christmas season. I love this work. I love this gospel. I have seen the happiness that the gospel of Christ brings to people's lives. I know that this church is true. I know that Christ lives and He's my savior. I know He atoned for me and for everyone who has ever lived and who will live on this earth. He is the true gift. Through Him all things are possible. I hope that we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas this season. I love you all(: Jiayou!
我愛你!

簡姐妹
Another Baptism. I'm so happy for her!

 
At the bottom is one of our new converts. I just love her.
 
 
 
The Ladies in the park who teach us their moves!!
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment