Monday, November 17, 2014

 
Wanderers in a Stranger Land

It's officially the rainy season here. So now I'm wet and cold haha! But let me tell you, I have seen so many miracles and the hand of the Lord in my life so much this week! It has been so awesome! I went on exchanges with my sister training leader, Sister Koch (pronounced coke) and she is so awesome! We stayed in my area, so I was pretty much senior companion for a day! It was so scary! Haha! So we had a lesson with Liu Tongxue and his dad has decided that he wants him to wait a couple more months to get baptized. Please pray for him! He is so awesome and wants to get baptized so badly! He's seriously so great.
So now that the rainy and dark season has started I have started to get more down-hearted and discouraged. I think it might be the weather. But let me tell you, God knows His children and He knows how to help them! He speaks to us through scriptures! I was reading in personal study and I came across this verse in 1 Corinthians 10:13, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." Gah! God knows what I can handle. He knows just what will push me enough to make me grow! That gave me a renewed strength!
We met with Cai Mei Li, my favorite person ever, and she told us the story of her conversion. She was 18 years old when she got baptized. She didn't tell her parents because they didn't approve! So when a bunch of brothers from the church kept visiting her her dad though that they were trying to date her! Haha! When she finally told her parents that she had gotten baptized, they forbid her from going to church. She told us, "The first week I stayed home. The second week I snuck out the back door. And finally the third week I just walked out the front door!" Haha! A little rebellious side ;) She kept giving us so much food! (Apparently it's really rude here to turn down food). 
Candy passed her baptismal interview! Poor girl, she was so nervous! So she is getting baptized this Friday! Yeah! This Sunday she had to attend church, so we went to her house to travel with her. At 8 we rang her doorbell and she peered out the window and it was obvious she had just woken up. So we kept telling her, "Come on! You can do it!" Finally she got ready and came downstairs. For reals, it took a miracle to get that girl to church! And other great news: Yang Zhi Ming set a baptismal date! Ah! I freaked out! The whole way home from Candy's interview I kept awkwardly punching the air Melanie style ;) Oh my gosh. Miracles, I'm telling you. God is so great!
There really wasn't much that happened this week. During finding we met these three old ladies who were sisters. And the whole five minutes we talked to them all they said was, "I'm 80. So is she. She's also 80. We're all 80. All churches are the same. We don't understand Christianity. I'm 80. She's almost 80. Yeah, we're all 80." So we said a prayer, blessed them in their old state, and left haha! It was so great. We knocked on this man's door and he came out and was like, "I don't need a prayer." So we started walking down the stairs and he shouted after us, "Wait, what kind of prayer? How do you do it?" So we came back, but he kept trying to get us to come inside and he didn't understand that we weren't allowed to unless there was another woman inside. So we kept telling him we were going to pray for him, but he kept pacing back and forth mumbling stuff and Sister Murri couldn't even understand him, so I just kind of started praying and then we left. Haha! Man, people are so great.
This morning I had the best personal study ever! I spent nearly half an hour on 2 pages. Alma 26 talks all about praising the Lord. I love it! I read this verse and I absolutely loved it: "Blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land." God has been so mindful of me in this strange land of Taiwan. He knows His children individually. He doesn't abandon them. When we are in the midst of trial God is there with us. He is helping us and strengthening us. We may not see it at first, but He is always there.
So yes. I have struggles. I feel down sometimes. The weather gets to me. Real life sinks in. But it's during these times that the Lord truly blesses me. I have seen the Lord's hand in my life everyday. He is watching out for me and for all His children. I am so happy to have the privilege to do this work. It is hard but it is so rewarding. I love when people develop a relationship with their loving Heavenly Father. It brings so much joy into my life.
I love you all so much! God loves you! The church is true!
我愛你!

簡姐妹


 

No comments:

Post a Comment