Friday, September 12, 2014



The Lord's Timing!

Hey!(: I'm going to tell you about the past couple of days before I head out to Ogden!(: Monday's Yubei Tian (P-day) was the longest P-day... which is weird to complain about but it was haha. Sister Lew left, so I have been in a trio for the past couple of days. Which has been super awesome because I love both my sisters. That night my district was moved out of our classroom into a completely different building and we were combined with another district. So there were 15 of us missionaries and 12 of us are waiting for our visas to Taiwan. What a sad group we were haha! That night I had to say good bye to my two favorite Elders, Mclaughlin and Weber, who are now in Canada. I hate good byes. I also started to get sick Monday night. Ugh.
Tuesday morning I woke up sick. But hey, I always seem to learn something when I'm sick. Here's my awkward story of the week: so whenever someone tells me that they're going to California on their mission I always say, "California, my love! What area?" So this elder walked into our classroom and Elder Jensen asked him where he is going, and he said California, so I cried out, "my love!... not you! California!" That poor elder's face turned red and he shuffled away haha! Oops. During companion study it started to pour rain, so Sister Strong, Sister Fisher, and I all ran around outside for a while. It was so much fun! As the day went on my sickness got worse and worse and I started to really struggle. I started to question why I'm at the MTC and if I could do this any longer Elder Wheeler said something to one of the sisters that I really liked: "You've never heard of someone regretting persevering." Thank goodness for my district! They always help me to carry on!
Wednesday ended up being a pretty good day overall. I felt even worse and I ended up skipping both my classes that day to try and sleep. During the second class hour I just broke down and cried and prayed so hard to my Heavenly Father for comfort. Sister Meyers had given me a talk by Elder Uchtdorf called "Have  We No Reason to Rejoice?" One of my favorite quotes from it says this: "Wherever you live on this earth and whatever your life's situation may be, I testify to you that the gospel of Jesus Christ has the divine power to lift you up to great heights from what appears at times to be an unbearable burden or weakness. The Lord knows your circumstances and your challenges." This gospel is a gospel of hope! The Lord knows us and loves us! My Sisters helped me so much too. They taught me so much about charity and service just by their example. They are both struggling with being here too, but they have been trying to figure out ways they can serve others. They have forgotten themselves and have tried to make other people happy. They are such incredible examples to me. It's so true; I'm not here for me, I'm here to help others. They are so awesome. 
Today I got my mission call! That was such a relief! It came right when I accepted the fact that this is God's work and everything is on His timing. That is the lesson I have learned; I need to accept God's timing and that He knows what He is doing. It is my job to trust in Him!
So I feel horrible. I had to use my inhaler this morning, but I am breaking out of prison! ;) This gospel is incredible and can lift everyone up! I know that my Redeemer lives! I know that God answers prayers and comforts and helps us! I love you all so much!(: 
Jiayou!

Wo Ai Ni!
TWO MONTHS
 

Singing in the Rain



I love these girls!!
 I got to finally wear my crocs!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment