Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Time Is Crazy
Another week down! Time is such a crazy concept out here in the MTC. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I feel like I just emailed you, but at the same time it has been a life time! This week I had the BEST day at the MTC followed immediately by my worst day. 
On Monday we taught our investigator again, which went pretty well but we forget that the Chinese word for Chinese is Zhongwen... so that was awkward. Elder Jensen and Elder Vaughn didn't know how to explain baptism so they stood up and demonstrated it! It was so funny! Someone read me a really good scripture: Mark 10:28-3028 ("Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life".)
Tuesday was seriously the best day ever, but you have to hear me out until the end because it starts horribly. So my whole district had to go to the health clinic for what we thought was just a check up for our Visas. But upon arriving the nurse told us that she had to draw blood from all of us. I felt the blood leave my face and I started crying. I know, I'm almost 20 and I still cry. So she said she would do me first to get it over with. I went into the room and Sister Lew came with me to hold my hand, thank goodness! She wants to be a nurse so I'm sure this was great practice for her haha! So I'm in the chair, and looking at the ceiling where they have hung a picture of Jesus that says "you're not alone"... kind of cheesy hahaha. So I'm hyperventilating and crying and she sticks my right arm and I think "ok, it's done!" but then she says "your vein ran away... so I'm going to have to do your other arm." Oh my gosh. So at this point I am seeing black spots and there is a ringing in my ears and I feel dizzy, but she sticks my left arm and its over. I can't get up because I'm so dizzy. They make me drink gatorade and stuff, but suddenly I get this ridiculous pain in my stomach. I was seriously in so much pain, and I thought I was going to throw up. So I asked if I could use the bathroom, and they tried to help me get up but I felt dizzy again and they made me lay on the floor. They got a wheelchair for me and my companion wheeled me to the bathroom. The pain would not go away and I was praying so hard that it would. I got a prompting that I needed to ask for a blessing, but I pushed it away and told myself that I was strong and didn't need it. but at that moment my companion asked me, "Do you want a blessing?" I knew that this was another prompting and that I needed a blessing. So she wheeled me into the room where all the Elders were waiting for me. My companion asked them if someone would give me a blessing, and only one of them had their oil on them; Elder Vaugn. A little background on this elder, he looks like he is 14 and acts like it too. He seriously reminds me of my little brothers. He's spazzy and just out of high school. So it surprised me that he was so prepared. His companion, Elder Jensen, annointed the oil, and then Elder Vaughn sealed it and gave me my blessing. Oh my goodness, it was one of the most beautiful blessings I've ever received. I could feel his hands shaking at first, but then he calmed down and the spirit was so strong. He blessed me that I would have health throughout my mission, and I would be able to get through whatever medical stuff I would need in order to get to Taiwan. He blessed me that I would be able to learn Chinese. he said that the Lord had been preparing people in Taiwan for me my entire life! I was bawling by the end of it, and my stomach pain was gone the instant the blessing began. It was so incredible. It really strengthened my testimony of blessings. I was his first blessing too, so it was really special for both of us.
I had three hours of class later that day, and my laoshi (teacher) pulled me aside to talk to me. He asked me how I was doing, and I said fine and I was just frustrated with my chinese. He told me that i need to be more confident because my Chinese is really good. He said, "I was talking to the other teachers on the first day and I told them that there was a girl in my class that I was pretty sure had the gift of tongues, and that you." Wow! The Lord is seriously blessing me so much here! I couldn't do it without Him!
Wednesday was my one week mark, and it was a hard day for me. The lesson with the investigator was a failure... all she talked about was why people shot other people and why God didn't stop it and stuff. My chinese isn't good enough to answer, and I just couldn't feel the spirit. It was rough. My chinese was coming slowly that day and I was just so down on myself. 
Thursday was a good day again. There is a quote on my journal that says, "every blessing brings a challenge... and every challenge a blessing." That is so true. My Chinese came easier to me that day, thank goodness. And we even committed our investigator to baptism! The spirit was so strong during that lesson it was incredible! I receieved a package from my sweet family with tons of food(: Yummy! Thank you guys(:
Friday was the same as every other day, except a bottle of orange juice exploded in our garbage can and shot garbage everywhere! It was so surprising and so funny. Saturday I played four square with my district, and I even made it to the "king" spot several times, purely through luck though! haha. Sundays are great because they are a day of rest from the language. We had a devotional from T.C. Christenson,  a cinematographer. He did 17 Miracles and stuff. It was really good. He talked about the importance of always being prepared so that you can go to action the minute the Lord calls you to. 
I'm loving it here. I can't imagine being anywhere else. I love my district, I love my zone, I love my sisters. I know the Lord is blessing me in so many ways, and that through Him all things are possible. I love you all so much! Keep the faith, the church is true.
Love,
Jian Jie Mei
Courtney and her Zone Leaders

Courtney and Sister Lew

 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your adventures at the MTC. You have such a fun way of sharing them, which cracks me up! I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments; keep up the good work! Love you, Aunt Kimmy

    ReplyDelete