Monday, July 28, 2014

A Humbling Experience
 
Hello! So to begin, I would just like to say to my family that you're all brats. You laughed at my blood/needle story and told me I was a drama queen... and I even left out the most dramatic part of it! So when I was feeling sick and I was in the bathroom I was so hot so I took off my clothes. So when my companion asked me if I wanted a blessing I said, "Uh... sure, but I need to put my clothes back on." So there. Go ahead and laugh at me some more! Haha. 
This week went by so fast for me! Time is speeding up, it's so weird. On Tuesday morning for gym time I saw Elder Sng doing a push up with a clap, so I decided to try it. I ended up falling flat on my stomach with a thud. He says he's going to train me to do one by the time he leaves (2 more weeks!) soooo great. In the classroom the elders were writing variables on the board for different ways to make orange juice explode. Needless to say, we have about ten bottles of orange juice in our classroom and they have exploded several times. The devotional on Tuesday night was so good! Elder Ellis of the quorum of the seventy brought his 8 out of 9 children and they all talked about their missions! All of them talked about exact obedience... my greatest struggle. I'm trying so hard! Dad, this is for you. One of them likened God's work to a train. People may get on, and people may get off, but the train (God's work) will continue moving forward. If I get off the train it will keep going, but I will miss so many opportunities and relationships with people. So I won't get off the train (or plane like my dad always tells me).
Chancey Trentman from Auburn, CA enters the MTC
 
Chancey Trentman entered the MTC on Wednesday! So I got to see him. Wednesday was a humbling day for me, which sucks. I hate being humbled, but I know that´s one of the reasons I´m here on a mission. My companion has taught me so much about missionary work and myself just through her example. I´m starting to learn patience and charity, but I have a long way to go. 
Thursday was a great day. After lunch we got a new investigator, it´s just our teacher Wu Laoshi pretending to be an investigator he taught on his mission. But the spirit was so strong! The Lord helped me so much and I was prompted so many times on what to say! I have been so blessed here! In class we had to take turns playing an investigator, someone that we know from home, and have a concern about getting baptized. One of the Elders said he struggled with the concept of God and whether he was really there. A scripture instantly popped into my head, Ether 12 verse 6. The spirit was so strong and I was able to put all of his concerns to rest. I was wondering why the spirit was so strong in a fake situation, so I asked him who he was pretending to role play. He told me himself. So the spirit was prompting me because this Elder was seriously struggling with a real life situation. God knows all of our worries and concerns, and through the spirit we can be guided to help all of His children.
                                                                     
                                                                    Provo Temple
Holiness To The Lord
 
Friday was a funny day. So here´s a little back story, a couple weeks ago Elder Wheeler looked up my mormon.org profile. I had made it kind of fast when I was at home so I really quick wrote in my bio "I'm Courtney, i love music,Mexican food, and my family." So my whole district has been making fun of me for that. At lunch I touched Elder Heap´s doughnut and when he ate it he said," Ew, Courtney germs. This tastes like Mexican food!" Moral of the story, everyone in my district is a brat. So that was pretty funny I guess haha! We got another new investigator, Huan Li Xin, and she has major anxiety. We tried teaching her how to pray, and I just failed miserably. I told her "Ok, first say 'Dear Heavenly Father.' Second, ask and thank God. Third, say "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen," (All in Chinese obviously.) So we asked her to pray, and this was her prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, ask and thank, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." hahahahah my companion and I just died! Ugh, my Chinese is so limited that I struggled getting my message across! Friday my whole district cracked. We were going crazy during class. We were laughing at everything. Oh dear, I think we're realizing that we are never going to be alone for the next 18 months. During the class, Wu Laoshi kept asking me to translate everything he was saying. Finally on the third time I said, "Why are you only asking me to translate?!" He said that I always have a confused look on my face. This language is so confusing! But it's coming along.

Elders

 

Sister Missionaries


 
Saturday morning my whole district decided to play volleyball... I even scraped my knee because I'm so dedicated ;). During class Tan Laoshi was telling us all the MTC rules (and some of them seem so dumb to me, but exact obedience is key!) and some people were complaining. She said, "You all chose to give up your agency for  year and a half. Remember why you are doing this." It's so true, I have given up so much in order to serve the Lord; the least I can do is be obedient. 
Yesterday was the best Sunday of my existence. All the lessons were so good. Sheri Dew talked to the relief society about how women and men are equal, but they have different responsibilties. She said that we aren't priesthood holders, but when we were called to be a missionary we recieved the authority to use the priesthood. Gah it was such an incredible talk. In sacrament meeting, District C sang the EFY medley because they leave tomorrow :( I was bawling. I hate good byes. I've gotten so close to everyone here! The day before I was being kind of down on myself, so when I got back from Sacrament meeting I found a note on my scriptures from Elder Sng telling me to look up Mosiah 24:13-14. It says that the Lord will ease my burdens. I love how close everyone is here and how the first place everyone turns to for comfort is the scriptures. I know that we are never alone. The Lord is always looking out for us. If we ever need anything we can turn to Him and ask Him for help. We can read the scriptures and grow closer to God. This work is a marvelous work, and I love being here.
I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for the Dearelder letters and packages and emails! It's so comforting to have so much support (:

Wo ai ni

Jian Jie Mei
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment